Rappelz Master
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rappelz Master

FINALLY!....a place for masters

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders

Go down 
+3
Acidic
IamBilly
bjazz68
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bjazz68

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders Empty
PostSubject: Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders   Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 2:20 am

Hi,
I installed the patch to do the upgrade from 3 to 4 but now I am downloading the complete new client because I'm sick of the launcher showing version 3 instead of 4 (petty I know), the thing is, If I uninstall before installing the new client as we are advised to do, will I lose all my game progress as I'm not sure where my character info is stored, be it on my hard drive or on the Rappelz servers?

If I knew it would save me having to copy all 3gb of data to another folder somewhere just to back-up.

Thanks
(this forum is a lot more efficient and responsive than the main one, I mean that i'm not just sucking up!!!! lol)

lol!

*Edited Topic Subject Spelling* -Gunz
Back to top Go down
IamBilly

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Intalling version 4 after deleting the old folders   Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 3:53 am

Have no fear all player info is stored on their system not yours so delete and re-install with out any worries.
Back to top Go down
bjazz68

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders   Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 5:29 am

IamBilly wrote:
Have no fear all player info is stored on their system not yours so delete and re-install with out any worries.

Thanks Billy, that what I was hoping to hear!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Acidic
Acidic

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders   Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 6:00 am

Geez you'd wanna hope the info wasn't stored Client Side...

It's easy enough to hack most MMOs as it is. Last thing we need is people editing their characters in a text file.
Back to top Go down
SouthernGunz
SouthernGunz

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders   Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:11 pm

Acidic wrote:
Geez you'd wanna hope the info wasn't stored Client Side...

It's easy enough to hack most MMOs as it is. Last thing we need is people editing their characters in a text file.

I could do that, however, I'd prolly end up in the abyss when I ran it. Since of course hackguard will check it.
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders   Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 4:04 pm

u can actually install the new client while the old client is on. wont matter. plus on my laptop i used the patch and simply changed the short cut name lol
Back to top Go down
Gasout
Gasout

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders   Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:22 am

for some reason rappelz epic3 folders and file cant be removed from my hard drive...yet i had no problem uninstalling the game...hmm...anyone have the same minor issue? epic4 runs, but eventually ill have to figure out how to get those obsolete files off my pc..
Back to top Go down
kiasta
kiasta

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders   Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:57 pm

Run in safe mode, if that doesn't work then try using linux and mount your windows partition and delete the files within linux.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders   Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installing version 4 after deleting the old folders
Page 1 of 1