Rappelz Master
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rappelz Master

FINALLY!....a place for masters

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost Skills; stuck in clouds

Go down 
+2
Sprawler
mo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mo

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Empty
PostSubject: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:06 am

I have two issues which I'm stumped on:

1) AFter the update, my main (only) character lost all his skills and his class advancement. While I got my class advancement back on Trainee Island, I only got certain skills back on the skill tree. Accuracy, and a couple others aren't even options. I've leveled up to 20, and haven't been able to advance any skills since Trainee Island.

2) Other characters I created but hadn't used are stuck in the clouds. That is, I log on, and instead of being on Trainee Island, I'm stuck in the clouds and cannot get down. Really puzzled here.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks ahead of time,
mo
Back to top Go down
Sprawler

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:32 pm

ok,
number 1 - they have reset all chars back to jlvl 1 and have changed the skill tree. Some skills are completely gone while some have just been changed. You will need to pick your first job again to get access to their skills

number 2 - it seems they have moved trainee island and players that were in the wrong spot before E4 are now stuck in the middle of nowhere. Not sure but have you tried using a return scroll, if you dont have any or it doesnt work, I think you have to post in the official forums to get a GM to move your characters
Back to top Go down
SpartanFire
Admin
Admin
SpartanFire

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:51 pm

thank you for that bit of info sprawler, im sure it helped many people that do not understand the jp rollback and those who are in the clouds. Very Happy

Oddly enough though, i find myself wondering....I have two alts which i leave on trainees island to help noob characters that need me, when i checked on them the first day of epic 4, they were not in the clouds. Maybe some other factors play into this glitch as well.

Good Luck,
SpartanFire
Back to top Go down
https://rappelz.forumotion.com
SouthernGunz
SouthernGunz

Number of posts : 288

PostSubject: Re: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 11:36 pm

The devs do not know what they are doing. Do you have a return scroll in your inventory btw? You can try that.
Back to top Go down
SpartanFire
Admin
Admin
SpartanFire

PostSubject: Re: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:58 pm

Guys i just had a great idea...

I was thinking to myself earlier what somebody might do if they wanted to get to a city but was stuck and had no return scrolls.

Then it hit me...
If a character talks in the clouds and nobody is around to hear him...does he make a sound?

Hell yeah he does...in the general chat...if you need to get back and you arent afraid of dying....talk too much in the general chat and youll eventually die.

Now i know death isnt the best way to solve problems....im not stalin...but if gm's are too lazy to help then we must make the sacrifice.

To talk in general chat just type ! before your text....talk way too much an tada....your city bound.

AIYT then....Good luck um.....dying,
SpartanFire
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:54 pm

first off you lose health by talking to much in shout. and secondly i just tried to talk myself to death and I cant die. lol sorry SpartanFire
Back to top Go down
DarkShnyder

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 2:07 pm

Pacifist wrote:
i just tried to talk myself to death and I cant die.
That's something I thought I'd only hear from a woman! lol
The other alternative is either getting killed from mobs (crapy with exp loss) or a long walk Sad
e3 used to be great because you could carry 20 return scrolls no problem. Now with the lack weight we can't carry squat. Specially clerics Razz
Back to top Go down
mo

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 5:12 pm

Thanks for all the help. Here's what I figured...

1) Lost skills.... I still can't tell if I've lost several skills or they've just REALLY pared down the skill tree. My character's at lvl 21 and still has the same skills he had at 10. Seems weird, but my char seems to be doing fine.

2) Stuck in the clouds...interesting ideas offered; too much work. I deleted my characters and created new ones. Seconds later, I was golden. They're so new it was worth killing them off.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
SpartanFire
Admin
Admin
SpartanFire

PostSubject: Re: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 11:03 pm

quite the sacrifice...yet im sure it was necesarry.

took guts my friend...took guts

I commend you lol!
SpartanFire
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 9:36 am

lol well if your character is still on trainee island...yea i would actually suggest killing him off. you get a tent and 2 stamina potions for completing the first job transfer now.
Back to top Go down
SouthernGunz
SouthernGunz

Number of posts : 288

PostSubject: Re: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 6:44 pm

Just finish all quests on trainee's island. Look on map and look for yellow icons with a black thunder bolt looking thing going through it.

Run back to trainee's island. North I think lol. You'll make it. I had to do that with an alt character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Skills; stuck in clouds   Lost Skills;  stuck in clouds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Skills; stuck in clouds
Page 1 of 1