Dual Summoning in E4?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Acidic

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Dual Summoning in E4?   Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:29 pm

I have something I would like a test serverer to clear up.

Ever since E4 was announced people have been talking about having 2 pets out at the same time. Some say this is only possible by quickly summoning one when it's time runs out if you have 2 summoned. Some say it's a breeder skill. Some say it's a Sorc skill. Some say it only works for 2 minutes or so. Some say it's permanent.

Whats the deal with this? I want to know whether to start training up another basic yet or not.

(P.S: Can Spirit singers really merge with their pets to create some sort of twisted hybrid?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pacifist

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:42 pm

I'm not on the test server so I cant say for SURE, but...

if you read the E4 skill trees each breeder class has a skill called "Technical Creature Control." The caption says that it increases the time a secondary creature can be summoned.

In Epic 3 if you've every pulled out your Ornitho while your pet was out(or vice versa) you'll find that you can control both of them until your pet disappears. Since summoning takes so long and the creature disappears in about 10 secs its not really worth using as of yet. However with this new skill in Epic4 i imagine you get two creatures for maybe a minute or so(don't quote me on this).

I've seen a video of it in action but i didn't watch long enough to see how long it stays out or if the other actually does disappear so this is all speculation on my part.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acidic

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:55 am

Hmm...

If it's only a minute would it really be worth it?

I mean, who wants to resummon every 2 mobs? That would just be stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pacifist

Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:28 pm

lol my minute thing was only an example. I don't know the actual time because I'm not on the test server, so maybe someone else can shed light on that part. I was just saying my theory on how it all works.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthernGunz

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:11 pm

I have only seen 1 person on the test server have 2 pets out. Didn't pay attention to their class lol. I was just thinking o cool, 2 pets at one time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryuubu

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:56 pm

This will definitely help with the apparent nerfing the sorcerer's got. The pet classes seem like they're gonna take the lead again. Imagin trying to run away from two red pixies and a bow fighter Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthernGunz

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:41 pm

Ryuubu wrote:
This will definitely help with the apparent nerfing the sorcerer's got. The pet classes seem like they're gonna take the lead again. Imagin trying to run away from two red pixies and a bow fighter Mad

lol! That would freaking suck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acidic

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:02 am

Quote :
Imagin trying to run away from two red pixies and a bow fighter Mad

Ouch... I have enough trouble getting away from just a bowfighter... Damn Heat Shot...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mittzir

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:28 am

Bowfighters cant dual summon, nor can any other nonpet class.

Nonpet classes get only lvl 1 creature constrol. This means you can have only 1 creature formed at the time. (rideable creatures get different skill and have nothing to do with pets.)

BUT, pet classes can have 5 creatures formed at the same time and 2 summoned at the same time. -----> seen from pics of a r4 sorc

I dont know for how long will 2 pets be summoned before one gets forced unsummon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cinad

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:31 am

supposedly breeders and Battle summoners can have 2 pets out permanently

recast time of summon creature is 1 min and with creature tech control breeders can have it out for like 72 sec.

Only drawback is that they have to resummon and rebuff one of the 2 pets all the time which is kinda annoying, breeders main buffs arent toggled buffs.

I heard dual blue pixies or orc + blue pixies are great combos. Seems the blue pixie is taking over cleric role in E4. You don t really need a cleric to solo in dungeon i heard just with orc and pixie healing it could do the job.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryuubu

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:10 pm

Cleric can never be obselete Razz But I doubt the permanent two summoning muchly. We need testers...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acidic

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:56 pm

Theres another thing to worry about...

Buffing a summoned pet. That would get REALLY annoying...

Maybe buffs will stay on a pet as long as its formed?

The permanent dual summon would be cool. Maybe it's a skill for 2nd job breeders and sorcs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cinad

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:39 pm

sorceror buffs are toggled so no need to rebuff the 2nd pet so i think easier for sorceror to get 2 pets out then breeders cause they don t have to rebuff their pet to use at full power
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mittzir

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:20 am

I think all pet classes can dual summon. SS can do it also.
I watched some movie about blue pixies in e4 and they heal much much better than r4 clerics.

They also made new chips called "Luna chips" used to chip allies. These chips last much longer than attack chips (force and soul) and are used to greaten the healing spells.

Normally b pix would heal for 3 or 4k HP, but with Luna chip it can be around 13k or 14k HP.
I just wonder who has so much HP....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthernGunz

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:20 pm

Mittzir wrote:
I watched some movie about blue pixies in e4 and they heal much much better than r4 clerics.

They also made new chips called "Luna chips" used to chip allies. These chips last much longer than attack chips (force and soul) and are used to greaten the healing spells.

Normally b pix would heal for 3 or 4k HP, but with Luna chip it can be around 13k or 14k HP.

Thank you for this info! I love you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acidic

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 pm

Me too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryuubu

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:39 am

Clerics replaced by an overgrown dragonfly huh. Damn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aeneas3

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:30 pm

i actually have been taking advantage of the 10 sec in e3 that the 2nd pet is out for b4 he disappears by initiating an attack with my poultry while summoning my tortus -> then tortus can attack with me.
it isnt doign anything b/c they are low level but having 2 out at a time would rock
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.geocities.com/freestuffinfo
Aphron
Master
Master

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:38 am

I really hope that this "Clerics will be replaced by an overgrown dragonfly" story is not true.Think about all the sad Clerics who will then be stranded because theres a summoner with a BP in the party.Think how sad and lonely they will be.They might even get deleted!!!

Ofcourse its cool that a small blue flying thingie can do what players cannot but thats just my way of thinking! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Physco

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: DAMN   Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:02 am

Well you gotta think of it at all points of view. Yes blue pixi are going to be better then clerics BUT the drop rate od cards isnt really differnt.(if you dont know already im a e4 tester) the whole time iv been playing i farmed every mob i can that drops a pet card and not a damn thing has dropped. There is quite a few people who have these pets but there is only 500 accouncts so imagaine when the servers are like 5k people on each one. ITs will be alot differnt. ITs not that bad. Clerics can never be replaced. If they are i better get something really really really good for the time i spent on my cleric.

SouthernGunz

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:53 pm

I thought this was about dual summoning then it switched to cleric summoning. lol! But I dont care really what happens. Fighters aren't getting screwed so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryuubu

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:34 pm

Well if the situation with clerics gets really out of hand, I hear that when e4 is first started, we can change classes... So clerics can be either Breeder or HW?

Dunno which is better. Breeder would be awesome in a way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViciousVillie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:24 am

My two rupees:

As far as I can tell based on breeder skill, It is a second job, jlvl 10 skill for lvl 1, which adds 7 sec to the 10 sec standard recall timer, then and additional 7 secs per lvl of skill up to lvl 10 for a max (not including card bonus if there are cards for the skill) of 1min 20 sec before recall.

Having played a breeder main up to the low 60's I am excited about this. Farming after reaching lvl 40 was tedious to say the least. Bosses in the field are practically impossible if not buffed and even then you might need to be 11 lvls higher than the boss and not get a drop. Most of the other stinkin could solo bosses from even to five lvls or more higher than the char.

As far as farming and constantly having both pets out, I don't see many summoners doing that, but having two for soloing bosses will be big. Taking part of your 1min 20sec to buff probably isn't worth it, but having just one pet buffed still gives you an advantage. As to rebuffing, I believe if you recall the 2nd pet before the 1st pets counter is finished the counter stops so.. recall the unbuffed pet and then summon it again.

Overall a very cool skill for pet stinkin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noir

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:48 pm

Dual Summoning is an ability like Vicious said, however only SpiritSingers and MasterBreeders are given this ability (besides the 10 second thing.)

That's of course based on the information.

What I don't agree on is why the SpiritSingers get the ability 'Beast Change.' It lets them transform into a creature. Or maybe it's just me.

But kind of a bummer that Dual summoning has a time limit. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonpurse

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:52 am

Mittzir wrote:

That's poo, sorry Rolling Eyes
Blue pixies with their healing skills at Lv20 heal 2,6k
With Luna Chip about 3-3,5k
13-14k is HIGHLY exagerated.
And R4 cleric are still way better than blue pixie.
Pixies are limited to 4x 2,6k heals before their mana runs out.

Back on topic...

When your Dual Summon skill is maxed you can bring 2 pets out for 80 seconds (Soul Breeder).
By the time it runs out you can desummon and resummon (summon skill casts quicker).

Pretty annoying as technically you could keep your pets infinitly but that's the way it is.

And I can assure you, in pvp dual summon is more than handy.

That's 3x the damage.

Noir wrote:
Dual Summoning is an ability like Vicious said, however only SpiritSingers and MasterBreeders are given this ability (besides the 10 second thing.)

That's of course based on the information.

What I don't agree on is why the SpiritSingers get the ability 'Beast Change.' It lets them transform into a creature. Or maybe it's just me.

But kind of a bummer that Dual summoning has a time limit. Sad

The 'beast' change, last for 30 mins and let's you be your pet (your skills though). By the time that skill runs out you can recast, but yea what's the points of having a pet just to be him.. (When in shape, you can't summon your pet)
You also have another skill (Beast Disguise), that let's you be your pet while yours is also summoned, last not long enough to recast the skill, but hey, it's fun ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual Summoning in E4?   

Back to top Go down

Dual Summoning in E4?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next