Rappelz Master
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rappelz Master

FINALLY!....a place for masters

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

List of commonly found terms and phrases

Go down 
+4
Shrift
SouthernGunz
Pacifist
Acidic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Acidic
Acidic

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-07-01

List of commonly found terms and phrases Empty
PostSubject: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 3:16 am

SpartanFire, please sticky this topic.

Here is a list of commonly found terms and phrases in Rappelz. Most of these will apply to many MMOs however some are specific to Rappelz.

Add (Literally: Additional Mob):
Term used for a mob that attacks a party while they are fighting another. Usually Aggro mobs unless the puller pulls too early.

Aggro (Literally: Aggravation):
Term used for a type of mob that attacks on sight. Also used to indicate what character has a mob attacking it. Example: "The Cleric took aggro off of the Holy Warrior and died".

Buff:
The name for skills that up a certain stat on a character. Examples are Forces of Fire Support and Speed of the Wing.

Cleric:
Devan Mage. Specializes in keeping a Dungeon Party alive and resurrecting anybody who is unfortunate enough to die. Can also Buff a party. Clerics are essential to most Dungeon Parties. Only exception is Kahunas can be used in lower level DPs (25-35). Also a Breeder can take the place of a Cleric if a pet is Tanking (Yeti or Tortus ONLY).

CLL (Literally: Creature Life Leach):
A Sorcerer skill. Allows the Sorc's pet to get back some of the damage it does in hp for itself. Relatively over powered however it is being removed in E4.

CV (Literally: Crystal Valley):
The 3rd of 3 Dungeons. I don't know much about it, having never been there. Assasstance needed with this entry.

DD (Literally: Damage Dealer):
DDs are the ones that attack enemies in a DP and do the most damage. Most often used classes are Striders and Fighters. Dark Magi can also be used however they have a tendency to pull aggro off a Tank and because of their low HP and Defense they get pulverised pretty quickly.

DP (Literally: Dungeon Party):
A Dungeon Party is a group of 2-8 people who go into one of the Dungeons and fight mobs. I recommend being Lv25-30 before you go Dungeon Partying or you will die VERY quickly. Don't try to go into the Dungeon by yourself as this is a very ineffective way of gaining Experience and it also results in death if you are a low level.

DPLF (Literally: Dungeon Party Looking for):
This is used by Dungeon Parties to find more members. When using this remember to state the level range required for the Party. Also most cases of this will specifically ask for a certain job or role. Example: "DPLF 36-46 HW" or "DPLF 6x Cleric"

DMR (Literally: Dry Moonlight Relics):
The First of 3 dungeons. For levels 30-50. Can be found north-west of Horizen. It's current name is Relics of Arid Moonlight. However Pre-E3 it was known as Dry Moonlight Relics so that is where the name DMR came from.

Huna (Literally: Kahuna)
Gaian Mage. Specializes in Damaging Enemies over time, Healing allies over time, and Debuffing the enemy. Can also Buff

HV (Literally: Hidden Village):
A Village only accessible by real money. Items sell for more money there and are cheaper to buy. There are also more various bonuses.

HW (Literally: Holy Warrior):
Devan Warrior. Specializes in defensive tactics and Melee fighting.

Kero (Literally: Keroro):
A Dungeon boss near the entrance to DMR. Recommended 8 Lv30's

LFDP (Literally: Looking for Dungeon Party):
Use this to try and find a dungeon party. When using this term remember to give your level and job as well. Example, "41 Kahuna LFDP" or "LFDP 41 Kahuna"

LM (Literally: Lost Mines):
The 2nd of 3 Dungeons. Lost Mines can be found north of Horizen at the 2nd Valmore Mine. For levels 50-80. Try to get a speed buff before heading there as the Lv73 Craniata on the way can clean you up damn well if you're still 5x-6x.

Mob:
Most commonly used name for the enemies in Rappelz.

Patrol:
A patrolling mob that moves around the dungeons looking for a fight. Always aggro. Can cause major problems to a DP during boss fights if they didn't clear the area first.

RAM (Literally: Relics of Arid Moonlight):
See DMR. Not commonly used and most people don't know what it means.

Sinpact (Literally: Assassins Impact):
A Strider skill which, used in conjunction with Dual Daggers, allows for a Quadruple hit occasionally.

Sorc (Literally: Sorcerer):
Asuran Pet Class. Specializes in buffing the pet and helping them keep aggro. Good for DPs if you plan on using a Yeti or Tortus to tank.

SpS (Literally: Spell Singer):
Gaian Pet Class. Specializes in using Kahuna skills on pets.

SS (Literally: Stamina Saver (Occasionally Spell Singer)):
Stamina Savers allow you to get Double XP/JP for 1 hour. They are bought in the Cash Shop or bought for rupee off other players. Some people will use this term for Spell Singer as well. However I prefer SpS

Tank:
Means to draw the enemies to oneself and let them hit you, making sure they don't hit anybody else. Commonly used tactic by Holy Warriors as they have the best Defense in the game. Is also used by Tortus and Yeti pets if a Holy Warrior is unavailable. Fighters can also Tank quite well.

Tranq (Literally: Tranquilla):
A Dungeon boss near the entrance to DMR. Recommended 8 Lv28's

Water (Literally: Restoring Purified Water):
A Kahuna skill which regenerates the targets HP over 20 seconds. Spell Singers also have a version only for pets.

I Know I missed a BUNCH of things. This was just a small collection off the top of my head. I'll add a lot more later as I think of them. Feel free to post your own. I will add them to the list and delete them from your post (Or just delete the whole post if they are the only things in there).

Moderators, please don't edit this topic yourself. Post your terms in a new post and let me add them. It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that I like to maintain consistency in the layout and it's easier to do that if I am the only one to add the terms in.

All terms are in Alphabetical order.

Last edited by on Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:47 am

Great topic and very helpful. Hm...how bout cll and some of the really basic ones like mob and buff
Back to top Go down
Acidic
Acidic

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 8:23 am

Yeah I know, i'm still making it. Just too tired to do it all at once.

OK I editted it with you're suggestions. If you think of any others then post em here and I'll add a section on them.

I need help with CV because I've never been there before. But I added a small bit on it.
Back to top Go down
SouthernGunz
SouthernGunz

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Add: Aditional Mob

Pat: Patrolling Mob
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:35 pm

speed of the wing=speed of the wind

i think Moonlight Relics has a few other abbreviations as well as two entrances. ML1 and ML2
Back to top Go down
SouthernGunz
SouthernGunz

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 pm

Pacifist wrote:
speed of the wing=speed of the wind

i think Moonlight Relics has a few other abbreviations as well as two entrances. ML1 and ML2

It really should be MLR1&2 DMR?? Dungeon Moon Light Relics.
Back to top Go down
Shrift
Shrift

Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:26 pm

god dam i hate people saying huna its never been said on my server until about 2 weeks ago its so annoying i rather type kahuna.

Also theres
LF - looking for
Threat level - The amount of threat one builds up upon a mob to gain aggro - Doing high damage,high threat skills or constant critical hits, increase your threat
Back to top Go down
Acidic
Acidic

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:11 am

Actually, DMR stands for Dry Moonlight Relics. Not Dungeon Moonlight Relics.

I have never heard of ML before :S, are you sure people call it that?

Everyone on Lydian just calls it DMR.
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 7:04 am

Acidic wrote:
Actually, DMR stands for Dry Moonlight Relics. Not Dungeon Moonlight Relics.

I have never heard of ML before :S, are you sure people call it that?

Everyone on Lydian just calls it DMR.

ML1 and ML2 is most commonly used in Pantera. others too but i guess we panterans are lazy XD.

in any case you might want to put it as a side not or something next to the one you already have. I think we should include as many as possible.
Back to top Go down
Dalphyne
Dalphyne

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:23 am

Very nice! I am going to go ahead and sticky this.

Dalphyne
Back to top Go down
IamBilly

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 9:04 am

Another helpful and informative thread at this rate Rappelz Master will be a site to come and learn how to become a master. It's definetely posts like these that will entice people to join the site.
Back to top Go down
SouthernGunz
SouthernGunz

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:02 am

IamBilly wrote:
Another helpful and informative thread at this rate Rappelz Master will be a site to come and learn how to become a master. It's definetely posts like these that will entice people to join the site.

Well said;)
Back to top Go down
Shrift
Shrift

Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 1:30 pm

thats because people who actually know the game and care about it run the show not some lazy ass gm's and such.
Back to top Go down
SouthernGunz
SouthernGunz

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 8:42 pm

Shrift wrote:
thats because people who actually know the game and care about it run the show not some lazy ass gm's and such.

QFT
Back to top Go down
Acidic
Acidic

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 9:24 pm

Quote :
QFT

You sure do like that abbreviation don't you? Very Happy

Updated with Add and Patrol
Back to top Go down
aeneas3

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 2:46 pm

noob/newb/nob/nobz/nobish/newbish/noobie/noobster/noobilicious
- common terms used to describe someone who is new to the game
- remember, we were all there once albino
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/freestuffinfo
ThatClericZerki
ThatClericZerki

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 9:55 pm

If you think Panterans are lazy, on Salamander and Bahamut we just call it M1 or M2. Zomg no L. >.>
Back to top Go down
Acidic
Acidic

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 12:42 am

WTH tell them all to harden the love up. M1 and M2 are just WAY too lazy...

Is LM V1 and V2?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of commonly found terms and phrases   List of commonly found terms and phrases Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List of commonly found terms and phrases
Page 1 of 1