Rappelz Master
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rappelz Master

FINALLY!....a place for masters

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

trainee island - tips

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aeneas3

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-07-03

trainee island - tips Empty
PostSubject: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 2:31 pm

this may change a bit, but I have wanted to share my tips for leveling quickly without much difficulty on trainee island with others. please feel free to post here with more tips, i will consolidate them if i can.
I will not talk about what character to choose, what skills to pick, etc. b/c i have not played all of the stinkin. I will talk about tips that will help all people.

i know we are all masters, so give me some more tips Smile

1. Use the resources of other characters
- if you have a higher level character, use his resources.
- all characters on the same account share the warehouse.
- consider buying r1 chips for your new character using $ from an old one

2. related to above, save r1 items for later.
- keep items in your warehouse for future characters
- OR have money to pay for new items.

3. bow and arrows
- once you are finish the quests at your starting point, run to the center of the island and immediately buy a bow/xbow and arrows.
- a bow and arrows, no matter your stinkin, is essential to easy killing without getting much damage or using potions
- this is paramount to leveling quickly and getting jp/xp/gold quickly.
- I usually use a bow until r2.
- if you are going to be a xbow user, get one of those instead.

4. upgrade immediately
- if you have the money, immediately upgrade your r1 bow and your armor/buy these items
- upgrade these to at least lvl 3 because that is a quest and will let you get xp when the quests become available

5. bow skill
- always attack with your bow from the maximum distance.
- this minimizes damage you take although if you attack right in front of them you likely will not have a problem because of the many trainee potions you have

6. use chips.
- you can figure out the timing to instantly use a chip when the first shot from your bow hits the enemy. this saves attack time.

7. use your pet.
- if you do not have one, buy one.
- learn creature summon and creature control as soon as u can - I usually jlevel up to get these first - then u can use your pet ASAP
- ~ 14k for a tamed basic pet is not bad if you look at the advantage you gain from leveling a pet during the time that you would not be leveling him
- in other words, if you wait until you exit the island, that is 15 levels of your xp your pet does not get.
- your pet can kill one mob while u kill another -> faster

8. buy a ride.
- the use of an ornitho is paramount to getting to level 15 and leaving the island within a good time frame.

9. do ALL of the trainee island quests.
-this is crucial b/c the last quests give stamina boost potions
-this is crucial b/c the enemies on trainee island give more xp for the same level, at least it seems that way
- the longer you stay on trainee island the longer you can use the trainee potions
- you can get good drops

10. ask others for help if you need it.
- there are ways to do this. begging doesnt always work but asking nicely may help.
11. guild!
if you are in a guild get help from guildies if possible, like borrowing a pet to help get thru trainee island quicker.
12. do not fret over using jp on early skills.
- if you need them to survive that is fine.
- also, if you read this before epic IV, you will have your jp reset anyway so who cares.
- plus they do not cost much.
- use jp on skills you will use now or later. dont up skills you will never use, including at low and high levels
13. kill bosses for good xp/jp
- when in the need to level fast kill anatema - they also give good drops
14. If you want to leave quickly
- usually you can leave at level 8 if you want to leave the island early
- note that you do not have to do quests to get off the island
- often a reason for leaving the island at level 8 is that a friend is going to power level you by helping you with quests OR give you equipment OR give you pet
- note that you can go back to the island until level 16
15. have fun

note that I can usually get off of trainee island within 2 hours, sometimes within 1.5 hrs, if not faster

That is all I can think of for now.
If anyone needs any help, has questions, PM me here or in game
yeti server - guild 1337
the2ndspitter - 55hw
greystreet - 31 breeder
soulsearcher - 15 xbow strider

Last edited by on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:17 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/freestuffinfo
Pacifist
Pacifist

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 5:10 pm

I've stickied your post.

You may want to add some bbcoding. Maybe some colors or font sizes to make your guide more user friendly. Theres also a bbcode for lists that will indent a list. Even so, great guide. Thank you for contributing to our community.

Last edited by on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Acidic
Acidic

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 8:30 pm

I think this should be moved to the help section. If people ask for help in the general section we can always direct them.
Back to top Go down
aeneas3

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:19 pm

ya good idea
i made it a little nicer
i will clean it up tomorrow or sunday some more Smile
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:30 pm

you know after reading your guide carefully I think I disagree with some of the tips you posted.

I personally find it easy to kill no matter what weapon I'm holding.

Telling people to attack from maximum distance to conserve their potions
    doesn't seem necessary for 2 reasons.
    First being that the trainee potions stop working once you are level 15 so you may as well use them as much as you can. I've never run out of trainee potions even when I actually TRY to.

Secondly if they take your advice about upgrading and saving all of their equipment any class can tank up to 3 anatemas at lvl 10 without even using a potion.

btw I don't know if anyone agrees with me on these 2 tips, but I suggest:
    people use those sta potions they get from the trainee island quests when they are lvl 18/19. Those two levels are a little slow because the mobs hit harder and you don't have r2 equipment yet.

you stay on the island and kill anatema until the game literally kicks you off. Even at lvl 16 the anatema willl still give you the most exp/jp compared to how much damage you take and how long it takes to kill them. When i say most i don't just mean trainee island. I mean of all the mosters your lvl. They give more exp/jp and they are easier to kill.

Btw, I'm moving this topic to the Game Assistance section.
Back to top Go down
aeneas3

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 6:30 am

Pacifist wrote:
you know after reading your guide carefully I think I disagree with some of the tips you posted.

I personally find it easy to kill no matter what weapon I'm holding.

Telling people to attack from maximum distance to conserve their potions
    doesn't seem necessary for 2 reasons.
    First being that the trainee potions stop working once you are level 15 so you may as well use them as much as you can. I've never run out of trainee potions even when I actually TRY to.

Secondly if they take your advice about upgrading and saving all of their equipment any class can tank up to 3 anatemas at lvl 10 without even using a potion.

btw I don't know if anyone agrees with me on these 2 tips, but I suggest:
    people use those sta potions they get from the trainee island quests when they are lvl 18/19. Those two levels are a little slow because the mobs hit harder and you don't have r2 equipment yet.

you stay on the island and kill anatema until the game literally kicks you off. Even at lvl 16 the anatema willl still give you the most exp/jp compared to how much damage you take and how long it takes to kill them. When i say most i don't just mean trainee island. I mean of all the mosters your lvl. They give more exp/jp and they are easier to kill.

Btw, I'm moving this topic to the Game Assistance section.

ya
i was saying to kill from a distance to avoid loss of hp. they can do it anyway they want, of course Smile
and the only EQ you upgrade is the bow and the armor not all the equipment
but i will add ur thoughts as well
Back to top Go down
WckedMidas

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:09 am

do all the quests on the island i mean all of them. Beside the exp and jp gained. you will land up with yourr2 gear

belt
glove
shoes
maybe weapons
and armour
earings
Back to top Go down
aeneas3

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 2:47 pm

WckedMidas wrote:
do all the quests on the island i mean all of them. Beside the exp and jp gained. you will land up with yourr2 gear

belt
glove
shoes
maybe weapons
and armour
earings

info included Smile
any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mittzir

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 3:34 pm

You dont get armour as a quest reward.
When I want to lvl faster i go kill piranha bosses. They give most exp and while i wait for respawn i kill other piranhas since they drop good loot (valuable cards) with sensible mind among if im not mistaken.

Edit: Also if you wanna get off the trainee island asap, dont do quests, just kill mobs and you will be teleported as soon as you hit lvl 8.
Back to top Go down
aeneas3

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 7:19 pm

Mittzir wrote:
You dont get armour as a quest reward.
When I want to lvl faster i go kill piranha bosses. They give most exp and while i wait for respawn i kill other piranhas since they drop good loot (valuable cards) with sensible mind among if im not mistaken.

Edit: Also if you wanna get off the trainee island asap, dont do quests, just kill mobs and you will be teleported as soon as you hit lvl 8.

added thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
WckedMidas

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 10:32 pm

What im saying is by doin all the quests on trainee island if your a total nub with no main character . IT is best to finish all quests for the items you land up recieving. not only from quest items but random drops .
Back to top Go down
aeneas3

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 10:50 pm

WckedMidas wrote:
What im saying is by doin all the quests on trainee island if your a total nub with no main character . IT is best to finish all quests for the items you land up recieving. not only from quest items but random drops .

i think that is essentially said in the guide, isnt it?
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 7:51 am

Mittzir wrote:
When I want to lvl faster i go kill piranha bosses. They give most exp and while i wait for respawn i kill other piranhas since they drop good loot (valuable cards) with sensible mind among if im not mistaken

I seriously do not suggest killing boss piranha for easy lvling. if you are lvl 15 for example.

A lvl 10 anatema still gives about half the amount of jp/exp that a lvl 15 boss piranha gives.

In the time it takes to kill one boss piranha you can kill about 3 anatemas.

Anatama respawns almost immediately where as the boss piranha takes a few mins.

AND THE BIG ONE TO ME. Many other new players need to kill the boss in order to finish their final quest. its really insensitive if they cant finish because there are 3 or 4 people camping the spawns.
Back to top Go down
aeneas3

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 12:42 pm

i was thinking the same thing. edited Smile
thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trainee island - tips   trainee island - tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trainee island - tips
Page 1 of 1