Rappelz Master
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rappelz Master

FINALLY!....a place for masters

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drop rates and what you have found.

Go down 
+7
Mittzir
Pacifist
Ryuubu
aeneas3
Physco
SouthernGunz
IamBilly
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IamBilly

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Drop rates and what you have found. Empty
PostSubject: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 8:30 am

Okay after farming for several hours earlier I was extremely dissapointed with the fact the best thing I got was a R2 def cube and about 100 return scrolls. I think that a wider variety or armour/weapons with an increased drop rate would make it more enjoyable to farm or just doing quests which are all the same kill x number of y rinse and repeat. So I was just wondering what the general concensus on drop rates are, what are some the best items that you've found and from where/which mob.
Back to top Go down
SouthernGunz
SouthernGunz

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 10:46 am

I have been doing it for months and only got a few r3 strikes, def cubes, and a r3 necklace.
Back to top Go down
Physco

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: DAMN   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:59 am

Yea man the drop rate is real low. Like in dmr when you are at spiders the drop rate for a r3 item is like 1 every 500 mobs. Thats real low speaking since one good party prolly kille about 500 mobs. maybe more. Just depends. Sometimes it drops alot sometimes you dont get anything. I dont know. The best thing i got from a drop and i was doing a quest was a +1 restoring purified water card. Which is like 700k. So yea drop rate is real low. specially if you are a high level person
Back to top Go down
aeneas3

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 7:42 pm

i have been in parties where the drops has been great. back when i was r2 we were in abbys room and I dp'd for 1:45. i got 5 r3 drops, the party in total got like 12 drops.
solo farming has not been great. i have gotten maybe 4 r3 drops farming for about 5 hours total. no pets of course.
i have gotten random good drops
3 r2 def cubes, an r2 strike, a few cards, 2 poultry and one tortus card.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/freestuffinfo
SouthernGunz
SouthernGunz

Number of posts : 288

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 1:05 am

Physco wrote:
Yea man the drop rate is real low. Like in dmr when you are at spiders the drop rate for a r3 item is like 1 every 500 mobs. Thats real low speaking since one good party prolly kille about 500 mobs. maybe more. Just depends. Sometimes it drops alot sometimes you dont get anything. I dont know. The best thing i got from a drop and i was doing a quest was a +1 restoring purified water card. Which is like 700k. So yea drop rate is real low. specially if you are a high level person

Damn, I usually have had bad luck myself:(
Back to top Go down
Ryuubu
Ryuubu

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 6:07 am

In one week I got three common drops. I know some of you will think it's crazy, but I'm almost positive seeing this that luck plays some part in this. All times I ever got good drops (2 R3 strikes in one DP, every common I ever got, any R3 I ever got) I was always wearing my two +4 luck rings).

Just a little something for thought.
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 6:12 am

Ryuubu wrote:
In one week I got three common drops. I know some of you will think it's crazy, but I'm almost positive seeing this that luck plays some part in this. All times I ever got good drops (2 R3 strikes in one DP, every common I ever got, any R3 I ever got) I was always wearing my two +4 luck rings).

Just a little something for thought.

I'm pretty sure that you're right. I mean isn't that the main role in for luck attributes in many games? Otherwise why else would we have the attribute. We already have rings to up crit rate.
Back to top Go down
Mittzir

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 6:32 am

Luck rings are foir crit ratio. Not for drops.
Some even say that it increases lak dropped but no one has confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 6:42 am

Mittzir wrote:
Luck rings are foir crit ratio. Not for drops.
Some even say that it increases lak dropped but no one has confirmed.
has anyone confirmed its not for drops? why have two stats for crit rate? I think luck has to do with a lot more then just crit ratio.
Back to top Go down
aeneas3

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 2:41 pm

played 2 hours yesterday killing mobz that were yellow and white. got 4 r2 cube defenses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/freestuffinfo
ThatClericZerki
ThatClericZerki

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 8:26 am

As far as luck goes right now I'm pretty sure it covers all three things.
Drops rates, Lak rates, and Crit rates. I can compare two sessions of me farming for five hours each. One with two R2 luck rings on, and one without. I've noticed that I had far less drops (albeit even if they were scrolls and pots :3) without the luck rings. Although now I'm finding it harder and harder to farm now that I'm into my mid 50's. I need to start looking for an R3 luck. >.>;
So, I suggest if you want to farm, you should get luck rings. If for no other reason, they make you crit a lot more. xD
Back to top Go down
Physco

PostSubject: DAMN   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 2:22 am

THis is true. I am a 63 hw and i was farming yetis for like 2 hours one day got nothing but scrolls and pots. then i said hmm wonder if luck rings can give me something better. Well i have one r3 luck ring. So i put it on within the first hour i got 2 r3 def cubes. nothing special but hey better then pots and scrolls. thats about al i got
Back to top Go down
Acidic
Acidic

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:26 am

Hmm...

The main problem with item drops in most games is that with the nature of the C++ programming language it is very hard to get a completely random number generated. Most game companies would take the time to do it right. But... well... You know how many bugs Rappelz has right?

If a proper random number was not generated. If the numbers are Pseudorandom that would mean not even the game designers could tell us the exact drop rate for certain items.

Back to the subject of luck, although it is almost impossible to test conclusively, I might decide to try and get luck rings and see if I get better drops...
Back to top Go down
Aphron
Master
Master
Aphron

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:37 am

To say that a certain item in game increases drop rate.Hmm doesnt make alot of sense but might be true! Shocked You never know.
Back to top Go down
Physco

PostSubject: DAMN   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:54 am

E4 makes it better because its all random in a dp right never know who is gunna get a better drop well in e4 u can set it where it goes down the list in order or u can set it where u can get all the drops. That would suck tho being in that party. The leader can have all teh drops make it random or just goes down the list.
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:58 am

Aphron wrote:
To say that a certain item in game increases drop rate.Hmm doesnt make alot of sense but might be true! Shocked You never know.
it doesnt? I mean if you walk down the street and you find a 100 dollar bill on the side walk...is it not your lucky day? What else do you call it when a card drops in front of you...skill? Because you played your class so well? whether or not it does affect the drop rates, I think a luck attribute SHOULD affect all of those random things.
Back to top Go down
ThatClericZerki
ThatClericZerki

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:58 am

Physco wrote:
E4 makes it better because its all random in a dp right never know who is gunna get a better drop well in e4 u can set it where it goes down the list in order or u can set it where u can get all the drops. That would suck tho being in that party. The leader can have all teh drops make it random or just goes down the list.
Are you refering to the "Self" Option? If so, that means whoever PICKS the item up GETS it. Not lead, at least, not always. :3
Back to top Go down
Physco

PostSubject: DAMN   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 4:03 am

Nt to sure how it will work i just now got to where i can dp. I didnt play it much in the begining. over the last 3 days of playing off and on i lvl 19 times. Which is auctually good. I started at lvl 13 and now im 33 so yea. 20 lvls whatever i dont know. Rappelz i have no words for the designers i love the game but they let me down this time. I could even live with the lag i just want to play. A game with lag is better then NO game at all
Back to top Go down
Pacifist
Pacifist

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 4:04 am

wait...can't we already do that in e3? (set for self and ordered i mean)
Back to top Go down
ThatClericZerki
ThatClericZerki

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 4:05 am

Pacifist wrote:
wait...can't we already do that in e3? (set for self and ordered i mean)
Yes, that's what I was talking about. Although the order one cannot be selected right now.
Back to top Go down
Aphron
Master
Master
Aphron

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 4:07 am

Finding a 100 dollar bill on the sidewalk is luck.But thats real life,and no ring or any kind of clothing could help you get more 100 dollar bills on the sidewalk.All im saying is that nobody has confirmed that wearing lucky rings in this game helps you to get better stuff.If someone confirms then hey.Atleast then the lucky rings will cost more Smile
Back to top Go down
Physco

PostSubject: DAMN   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 4:08 am

E4 you can select it. You can also set where ONE person gets it which i believe would be the leader. But dont quote me on that one. NOt to sure bout that one yet. I will keep you all informed on e4 since im a tester. Gunz is a tester as well. He should b higher lvl them me. He should put some insight on this.
Back to top Go down
ThatClericZerki
ThatClericZerki

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 4:08 am

Aphron wrote:
Finding a 100 dollar bill on the sidewalk is luck.But thats real life,and no ring or any kind of clothing could help you get more 100 dollar bills on the sidewalk.All im saying is that nobody has confirmed that wearing lucky rings in this game helps you to get better stuff.If someone confirms then hey.Atleast then the lucky rings will cost more Smile
I'm more-or-less sure that if you ask anyone who uses luck ring regularly, they'll tell you that they help
Back to top Go down
Physco

PostSubject: DAMN   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 4:10 am

the r3 luck rings are already 500k+ I have said they do bring luck every once inawhile i got 2 r3 def cubes while farming yetis the other day. But i only have one ill test it out some more later on when rappelz comes back up.
Back to top Go down
ThatClericZerki
ThatClericZerki

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 4:13 am

Depends on which R3 luck you get, Fairy's (+8 ) or Eye (+12)
Fairy runs about 500- 800k on my server, eye 800+.

Last edited by on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drop rates and what you have found.   Drop rates and what you have found. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drop rates and what you have found.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next