Rappelz Master
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rappelz Master

FINALLY!....a place for masters

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it me or did they make the official forum worse?

Go down 
+3
ViciousVillie
SouthernGunz
SpartanFire
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SpartanFire
Admin
Admin
SpartanFire

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Is it me or did they make the official forum worse? Empty
PostSubject: Is it me or did they make the official forum worse?   Is it me or did they make the official forum worse? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:43 am

I logged into the old official forum the other day and was disgusted to see how bad the change was.

The color scheme looks like a monkey put it together and the market and guild sections are all scrambled.

I think the only thing good about that site now is the search option (which is slower than ours Very Happy )

Im not sure of G-Potato's intentions, but if they intend to get people to come to their forums, their doing a horrible job.

On the upside this is a chance for us to shine. Now that the old forum sucks even more, we can really start to build.

SpartanFire
Back to top Go down
https://rappelz.forumotion.com
SouthernGunz
SouthernGunz

Number of posts : 288

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or did they make the official forum worse?   Is it me or did they make the official forum worse? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:45 am

Yep, we can build now:) Our forum looks so much better;). They really screwed the market section to:'(.

Im glad to have the watching general forum option, so I could see such a great post:).
Back to top Go down
ViciousVillie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or did they make the official forum worse?   Is it me or did they make the official forum worse? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:52 am

One thing I notice is most of the links are broken due to the change in url. For anyone that gets a can't find page error when clicking a link in a post there and really wants to see the info, you can usually just copy the 5/6/7 digit number at the end of the url and replace the numbers in the url in your address bar.

usually looks like - .../viewtopic.php?t=######

sometimes it is ?p=###### so it may take a little more editing to get to the page you want.

I agree its not the prettiest looking theme but two pluses are that the column on the right doesnt seem to cover posts that were widened by a large picture somewhere in the topic, and, the search is working now. But still there are so many useless posts on that forum that it's not worth sifting through to find what you need.

Here's to Rappelz Master Forum
Back to top Go down
SouthernGunz
SouthernGunz

Number of posts : 288

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or did they make the official forum worse?   Is it me or did they make the official forum worse? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:56 am

ViciousVillie wrote:
One thing I notice is most of the links are broken due to the change in url. For anyone that gets a can't find page error when clicking a link in a post there and really wants to see the info, you can usually just copy the 5/6/7 digit number at the end of the url and replace the numbers in the url in your address bar.

usually looks like - .../viewtopic.php?t=######

sometimes it is ?p=###### so it may take a little more editing to get to the page you want.

I agree its not the prettiest looking theme but two pluses are that the column on the right doesnt seem to cover posts that were widened by a large picture somewhere in the topic, and, the search is working now. But still there are so many useless posts on that forum that it's not worth sifting through to find what you need.

Here's to Rappelz Master Forum

Yea I know, just people whining and complaining so much. Which I don't blame them.
Back to top Go down
IamBilly

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Is it me or did they make the official forum worse?   Is it me or did they make the official forum worse? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:03 pm

Well, with the fact that it's still constantly full of crap, it now looks awful and even with the search function it is hard to find anything helpful except for official releases I'm just glad there are alternatives. Just trying to find stuff on it before and once again it has gone down (what a surprise).
Back to top Go down
Dragonpurse

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or did they make the official forum worse?   Is it me or did they make the official forum worse? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 4:14 am

It does look crap, but it's the new PHPBB 3.0 (I know, it's ugly)

But don't worry you get used t it.
Back to top Go down
ThatClericZerki
ThatClericZerki

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or did they make the official forum worse?   Is it me or did they make the official forum worse? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 6:18 am

Dragonpurse wrote:
But don't worry you get used t it.
Screw getting used to it, we've got Rappelz Master! Razz
Back to top Go down
Demenhoth

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or did they make the official forum worse?   Is it me or did they make the official forum worse? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 7:12 am

You're that guy on the official forum advertising this site...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or did they make the official forum worse?   Is it me or did they make the official forum worse? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it me or did they make the official forum worse?
Page 1 of 1